About the Role
Our meals on wheels volunteers play a vital role to ensure we are providing the best possible service. Our volunteers deliver nutritious meals and provide regular social contact to our Meals on Wheels clients at their homes in Corryong and surrounding areas.
To work in this role, you need to be:
· able to work with older people and people with disability,
· reliable and punctual,
· have good oral and written communication,
· able to work in a team environment.
Meal and wheels deliverers need to have their own vehicle and a current driver licence. We'll reimburse travel costs. Volunteer shifts are weekdays from 11.30am to about 1pm. You can nominate your days however an ongoing commitment of at least 1 month is required.
You will need to provide 2 names of referees who will be contacted by phone. We must undertake criminal history record checks on prospective Meals on Wheels volunteers and all volunteers must provide evidence of their Covid vaccinations.
About the Agency
Corryong Health (CH) is a public sector agency and one of six multi-purpose services in Victoria. CH is funded by Commonwealth and Victorian State Government funding, and provides a broad range of hospital, residential aged care, medical and primary health and community support services. We provide services to the Corryong community and operate a Medical Clinic, Health and Fitness Centre and Retirement Village.
Our values are a core element at Corryong Health. All employees are required to uphold our values and to comply with the behaviours in relation to them. Our values provide guidelines on how employees at Corryong Health must behave.
The Sense of Community
• Our community places trust in us and this must be reciprocated – with respect, compassion and through our inclusive relationships.
Equity and Fairness
• We adapt to meet individuals’ needs and being transparent in our approach.
Growth and Development
• We do our best to learn and promote a learning culture, insuring the highest contemporary standards of service for our clients.
• We provide non-judgmental, confidential, effective and efficient health care.
We have positions currently available for Meals on Wheels deliverers.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering has many benefits and can be a highly rewarding experience. Apart from the satisfaction of making a positive difference, volunteering is a great way to:
• meet new people,
• get to know the local community and area,
• improve self-confidence,
• improve mental and physical health,
• gain new skills and experiences,
• boost your resume and career prospects.